Friday 29 April 2016

Uplifting ups and depressing downs

I am baffled by good and bad days.  I asked around in rehab, and it seems to be a common experience.  Three days ago I did my usual round the block walk.  Hard work from the start; soon I was puffing, and try as i would could not beat 15 minutes.  No obvious reason; there was a bit of a cold wind, but no more than usual.

Then yesterday, encouraged by grandson Tim, much better, around twelve and a half minutes.  Today I did the best sit/stands for ages, X 35 and then X 40, with a minute to get my breath back.  No-one seems to know why patients get good and bad days.  I suppose it is not a topic for research.  Which is a pity: we know there is no cure for heart failure though one can improve with medication.  If only we could mange more good days and less bad days it wold be a huge boon. In my book, research to solve this problem would be worth a Nobel prize.

No comments:

Post a Comment