Tuesday 10 May 2016

Dizzy dangers



The last few days have been like a bumpy ride, high highs, and low lows.  A week or so ago, I was on my way to a good recovery from the chest infection.  I had started an exercise programme, spent 2-3 hours each day in the garden, making good progress.  Then Wednesday evening, feeling unwell, I experienced a return of lethargy, chills but no raised temperature.  Cough back with a  vengeance.  Also continuing dizzy spells.  Doing the least thing was a huge effort.  Feared I may not be fit for weekend in Manchester.  

Saw my GP: chest noisy, put back on doxacycline.  Was dose of ramipril too high?  Basic blood pressure close to 120/80, but standing it was down to 70/40s accounting for the dizzy spells.  Told to cut ramipril from 5 mg a day to 2.5 mg a day.  By the weekend  started to feel better.  

Son in law Steve drove us to Manchester with Judy and Joey to see the Manchester University Theatre Group.  My grandson Andy was Musical Director of Grand Hotel the musical, and it  went really well.   Andy conducted with great enthusiasm, and kept his band in perfect synchrony.  Hugely enjoyable. .  Three days on with lower ramipril dose and dizzy spells seem to have gone.  Really cheered as in addition my energy levels are getting much better.  Looks as if standing blood pressure monitoring should become more routine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment