Tuesday 31 May 2016

Exercise is essential

My elder daughter Susan was only too right when she thought even my modest BedEx programme was too ambitious !  Still I have struggled through some moderately bad days when energy levels were low, did three proper BedEx exercises, and managed at least some serious exercise most days. as well as two to three days gardening when the weather was nice.  I am very pleased that I have increased sit/stands from 45  through 50 to 51 today, all in under 4.0 minutes by  a stop watch and without undue distress.  Difficult to get comparative facts but I reckon this is not bad for an octogenarian with heart failure and COPD.  Days with not much energy are now fewer than they were, but still depressing when they happen. 

I am currently having a bit of trouble with my medication.  The targets for dosage and what the patient (that is me) can withstand are not the same.  I am making progress getting it sorted out.   I'll report next blog. 
          


No comments:

Post a Comment